Thursday, June 5, 2014

Songs that Get to You...

I'm not talking about songs that make you cry, or make you smile here. They're the ones that make you start to feel hot the second you hear them -- due to a memory affiliated with that song; or the sound of the drums that digs down into you. Those songs.

Was just listening to Civil Twilight's "Letters from the Sky" and that is one of those songs for me. The song gets quiet for a little while and then it crescendos at "We won't have to be..." and the drums let loose, and it just hits me. Wouldn't think it was a hot song, but ooooh, yes it is.

Another song like that for me is Love Spit Love's "How Soon is Now?". I was introduced to the song via the TV show "Charmed", but one night I was driving back from somewhere and the song came on the radio. And suddenly all I wanted to do was dance, so I started dancing around in the car because it was like I couldn't help myself but move. Also made me wonder if that song has ever been used in a strip club, because it would be the perfect song as a stripper undulates upon a pole.

So, what are your songs? Tell me.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

"When The Levee Breaks" by Led Zeppelin.
"Crush", "Say Goodbye" and "Stay" by Dave Matthews Band.
"Talk Dirty To Me' - - very out of my usual taste; not a fan of the genre but the middle eastern vibe is working for me. The jackassery of the lyrics though, less so.

I'll have to give it some more thought; where's that ipod?

Unknown said...

All great songs. Assuming you're talking the new "Talk Dirty to Me" instead of the one from the 80s.