Monday, November 16, 2015

It's a Fine Line...

No, not between love and hate, although that's typically how that phrase ends.

In this case, it's a fine line between writing erotica and writing a steamy scene. Yes, I'm writing a book. Yes, there's a steamy scene or two in it. And dammit, I feel like I'm being stifled (by myself) because I keep writing what I want to write and then erasing, erasing, erasing.

Why? Because my son knows I'm writing a book and will want to read it eventually, and gaaaah at the thought of him reading that even when he's older. Not enough brain bleach in the world. And then there's my parents who are both avid readers and will read the book, and again, brain bleach. Gallons. Just no.

So, I will keep stifling myself in the novel to a certain extent and be very glad I have this blog so I can write whatever I feel like it as it ain't going in the book. :D

No comments: