Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Ben the Bachelor

Here we are, folks. It's another season of "The Bachelor" and I'm sure this year will be the most dramatic season ever as the bachelor follows his journey to find love while being a kissing bandit. Listen, as long as the words "Ees okay" are not issued by my least-favorite bachelor ever, Juan Pablo, it's all good.

Ben, Ben, Ben. So young. So, so, soooo young. Yikes. 26. He's still a pup! And I don't know about you all, but to me, he just has way too much of that clean-cut look to him. I'm reminded of a dark-haired Richie Cunningham... and that's not a good thing. I dated a red-haired Richie Cunningham the summer after college and he was a sweetheart, but just no. Too earnest, too quiet, too much about how everything looked (aka his family went out on their boat not to enjoy being on the boat, but to be "seen" and the sole destination was a bar where they could also be seen). Again, no. So, Ben isn't starting off on the "hottest bachelor ever" path for me. That could change, but that title remains with Sean Lowe. Tall, hot, hunky. And hey, totally fine with the self-professed re-virginization bit -- mainly because of his abs. I'm shallow. I'm aware.

Let's talk about some of the bachelorettes, shall we? And I'm not giving a single spoiler here, don't worry. Yes, I've read good ol' Reality Steve and yes, I know how the season plays out, but I'm not saying a word. You want to find out -- you can go read.

* Lace. Oh, Lace, Lace, Lace. Hot. Loved the dress (of course it was lace!). She clearly caught our dear sweet Ben's eye, but then she turned into a raving psycho being pissed that someone stole Ben away from her while they were talking (has she not seen the show??) and then that Ben "didn't look at her once". Ay yi yi. Give the boy a break. He had to remember all of your names. I'm pretty sure he didn't look at any of you. I'm sure they'll be focusing on her a bit because of her antics.

* Becca. Hot. With a capital H. Smoking hot. I still don't understand how Chris Soules didn't pick her and went with Whitney instead. (And yes, we see how well that turned out...). Glad Ben called her name to give her a rose. Her hair is awesome. Her bod is awesome. She seems to be a sweetheart. And yes, she's a virgin, but so weren't we all until that first partner. Big deal. Any guy with sense in his head wouldn't be daunted by that.

* Lauren B. Loved her dress. Light/periwinkle blue is a fave of mine (heck, I'm wearing a sweater in that shade right now), so that caught my eye. First out of the limo and she walked over to Ben with a glass of champagne (is he of legal age to drink? Kidding. Kind of...) as he entered the room, which takes chutzpah, so I'm impressed. She looks like she might be a bit too giggly, but that's based entirely on her hair color and I get that's one hell of a stereotype.

* Mandi (she of the wearing a gigantic rose on her head). Oh, honey... Whatever producer talked you into that, I sure hope you stopped listening to them, because no. You do get props for getting a kiss from Baby Boy Ben after you examined his teeth and gums (ack!), but noooo. And honestly, I actually can't remember if she went home that first night or if he kept her, so that shows how memorable she was minus the rose and makeout session.

* Caila. She caught my eye since she's from Boston. But let me get this straight. She was dating someone and saw Ben ON TV and decided that her relationship wasn't working out because she was attracted to someone she had never met and saw on TV. Huh. Okay. So I guess every relationship/marriage ever is doooomed because hell, I always find people attractive on TV. That's kind of why they're on TV. Loon.

* The Twins. Nope. Sorry. Not discussing them, except to say that I look forward to seeing them on the next season of "Bachelor in Paradise" since I'm sure they will be on there.




No comments: