Friday, October 31, 2014

Is Dating More of a Trick than a Treat?

In a conversation with friends the other day, I was reminded of a previous blog post of mine -- Do People Still Date?. The friends and I are all married and have been for a while. We were chatting about what we'd do if our marriages ended/our spouses died (not that we are planning on any of that -- no murders in the works :) ). In a unanimous decision, we all agreed that the last thing we'd ever want to do is date again.

Why, you might ask? Because we see all around us that people just don't date these days, and the thought of that is just horrifying -- and hell, far too much work. I've seen what the single life is like for my friends and it ain't pretty.

I still don't get it, though. What happened to dating? When the guy and girl met up for dinner at an actual restaurant or went bowling or went out to go see a movie? Now, it seems to be just a bunch of Tinder hook-ups; Plenty of Fish (or Plenty of Fucks, as friends call it as it seems that is all people on there are looking for) and dick pics.

Boys, I've got to tell you. Stop sending dick pics to women unless they specifically ask for them. By sending them just because you feel like it, you're cheapening the woman and her worth to you even without realizing it. And no woman wants to feel that way. Caveat: If you're involved in a long distance relationship, hey -- send as many pics as you want. That goes for both genders. But if you're not, keep some mystery.

Back to the original topic -- It seems like the dating scene is non-existent. Am I wrong? Tell me if I am. I'd love to be proven wrong. Heck, my friends and I have decided we are not dating when our spouses pass ( or god forbid, we get divorced), but that doesn't mean we are going to be looking for cabana boys nor sex buddies. No, no, no. As the meme says, ain't nobody got time for that.

Now, if actual dating did exist, we would probably change our minds. But dating in these times? Not a chance in hell. I'm so freaking glad my dating days were before right now because what I see out there is a mess.

No comments: