Saturday, June 7, 2014

Favorite Smells

Received an email this morning from ThinkGeek, which featured Father's Day presents -- including soaps that smell like bacon, whiskey and coffee. Link here: Scented soaps

That email led me to ponder scents and smells -- What scents do you love the most, and what makes your nose want to plug itself up forever to avoid smelling that ever again?

My top scents include:

  • Anything with a spicy smell to it -- a la the Spice candle from Bath and Body Works, which it looks like is only out during Winter months. Cinnamon = yum.
  • Drakkar Noir -- this scent brings me right back to college because almost every guy drenched themselves in it.
  • Soap -- reminds me of showers and enough said there. ;)
  • Books -- the smell of a bookstore and all the books there. 
  • Napalm in the morning -- how could I not add that? 

The scents that get a "No" from me. Solid, solid no.

  • Lavender -- Just ick. Stay away. 
  • The Sweet Pea fragrance from Bath and Body Works -- I have no idea what's in it, but no,
  • Anything overly flowery -- Just too cloying.
So, what's on your list?


No comments: