Tuesday, June 17, 2014

So Light 'Em Up!

Heard Fall Out Boy's "My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark" tonight while I was in the car. I of course cranked the volume up because I love the beats of that song --just gets to me. Love it.

While I was listening to it, I was thinking of the lyrics of "My songs know what you did in the dark, so light 'em up!" and it made me think about sex. Okay, what doesn't? ;) But hear me out, here.

In my early days of sex, the darkness was my BFF. The thought of my partner looking at and seeing me in all my nakedness during sex? Any jiggly bits would be revealed. Gaaah. Noooo. Can't have that. Darkness with just one light on far across the room was my go-to.

But then this little thing called self-confidence hit and screw knowing what you did in the dark. I want all the lights on. Let there be light and absolutely light 'em up. It's funny/ironic because I probably weigh about the same as the first time I ever had sex, and there have been weight losses and gains (far too many to count of both) since then, but as I became older, the self-confidence gets higher and higher.

And yes, it absolutely helps that my partner thinks I'm the hottest thing on the planet -- and if he doesn't think that, he's a way better actor than I pegged him for, so I believe him. But it's also me. I believe I'm hot, so I want to flaunt that -- and why shouldn't I? Self-confidence is hot. Period.

Whatever you need to do or think or tell yourself, find a way to gain self-confidence if you don't already have it in spades, because let me tell you, once you feel like you're great, you won't stand for anyone who tries to make you think or feel otherwise. And that's important.

Plus, self-confidence is sexy. Let those lights shine; wear your slinkiest negligee, girls, or nothing at all -- or hell, try on some outfits and role-play (will cover that in another blog) -- and know you're rocking it.

Stop being in the darkness. Light 'em up!